7/10/12

Happedy hap haps

WELP, I am officially unemployed. It ended yesterday,the 9th. The intimidation, abuse, belittling and bigotry are officially a thing of the past, forever. Today starts a new chapter in your hero's life. One filled with adventure and babes! Robots! Dinosaurs! Awesome!

All seriousness aside, I am going back to cooking. I was in the shower, doing what I do best ( not that), and I think that the last time I was really happy at work was when I was cooking. I like the atmosphere. Restaurants are,by necessity, staffed by nuts, and I like nuts. A bit of crazy is good. I think you find the same in tattoo shops, indy motorcycle shops, and theaters. So, I am going to, as I have said here before, open a food truck. It will be called Route 66, and it will serve hamburgers,cheeseburgers, fries,onion rings, and the like. It will be unique here in Grenoble, but not unique in France. It will be successful, and FUN.

Speaking of abuse, I have had to separate myself from my brother. He suddenly became very abusive toward me and Jessica, making impossible threats, accusing us of things... Real schoolyard bully behavior. He has done this sort of thing before, and I have always forgiven and forgotten, but this time is different. I cannot have such negative people in my life, even if they are family, so I have needed to step away. Some might think that I  am turning my back on my family,and that is fine. I don't see it that way, it's just for my family's safety,and my mental health. I believe he is dangerous and unbalanced, so, goodbye for now, K. Until you can clean up your own kitchen, please stay away from mine.


Did you know that I am not 20 years old anymore? Neither did I!! I was on my bike, being the Action Sports Hero that I was born to be, and I fell off. Bent my Fuck You finger back towards the back of my hand. This was just before June 17, Fathers Day.

Exactly like this.
Anyhoo, it's been 3 weeks now, and the pain is mostly gone but the swelling is still present, and it doesn't like to move so much. Its not broken, but the Doctor says that I might need surgery anyway. WOOT! Then, last week, I responsibly removed the splint, again, grabbed my bike and my kid, and hit the same trail! Fell again! Using skills taught to me by ninjas in the far east (Indiana) ( HOOSIERS!! WOO!!!), I deftly broke my fall by impaling my wrist on the crank gear teeth on my bike. Picture it. On a steep mountainside, no cell service, on a weekday so few if any hikers, bleeding like a stuck pig with 2 fresh gouges in your wrist. With your slightly panicked 14 year old. Good times. Adventures suck when you are having them. Long story short, I am now banned ( grounded) from my bike until I have healed somewhat. Taaaaariffic.

My mom will be here in a couple weeks, so we are all pretty excited about that. It's gonna be pretty low key, no GIANT parties, a barbecue on the 28th, a day trip to Nyons, another to Lyon, a lazy boat ride in Pont-en-Royans, and a lot of lizard style lazin in the sun. Cow tipping. Fondues. Wine. You know,the usual nightmarish things one must endure, living in a third world shithole like France.

That's all I got. Peace.

No comments: