1/29/12

On Friday, the TSA was at it again. Well, they are at it every day, but Friday, they were doing their invasive thing, and they mistook an insulin pump for a weapon.
not a weapon
That looks, to me, more like a pager (remember pagers?), or a phone. I can see it being mistaken for a bomb,I guess, but how many of those things do you think the TSA sees? I would bet a lot. The thing is, they TSA said that the woman went through electronic screening, then left the area before she could be searched. This happened at 730 in the morning, at LAX. Busy time of day, busy airport. A lot of TSA geniuses standing around. Left the screening area? BULLshit. Fucking liars.


Another account of the incident is this. Apparently, if you have one of these things, you don'y want to go through the X ray, or sniffer machines.  You would also have a ' Medical Device card'. Ok? So, it's busy as shit at the airport, being 730 on a Friday morning. TSA hustles this chick through the Xray, she shows the pump and the card to the TSA nitwit, who doesn't do his or job by not swabbing it for bomb residue, and they send her on her way. Sooner or later, they realize their mistake, and call the cops. You can guess the rest of the story. Questioning, searches, blah blah blah. Blame shifting time.

America, this is your tax dollars at work.

Ok. On a positive note, my car is now fixed. Makes me happy. Going to celebrate by snowboarding today, with some of J's family. Gonna be awesome. Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good thing I didn't fly to nd from the US during my robocop year huh?

tessit