11/27/11

Turgiving

When I got here, I was really down. For a good 6 months after arriving on these shores, I was miserable to be with. I missed home, my friends, my family, all that is familiar. I was no fun to be around, and made my family here miserable too, just because I was bummed.

Me, 2 years ago.

Thing have since changed. Nothing around me, I have just stopped taking shit around me for granted, and started appreciating the things and people around me that, for whatever reason, have welcomed me into their lives and homes.

Today was a good example of that. Today we celebrated that holiest of American holidays, Thanksgiving. And folks, I'm not gonna lie to you, we did it right. The turkey was great, the company was great, the wine and beer flowed, the desserts were amazing. We had a baby, sullen teenagers, family, friends, the only thing missing was a football game.

Thank you to all my family and friends, for just being yourselves. You all got a spot right here. Thank you to France, for giving me a place to call home. Thank you, Jessica and Daniel. Thank you for everything.

I hope you all had a terrific holiday. I hope you spent it with those you love, and if you couldn't, I hope you know that you were thought of, and you were missed. I'm looking right at you, Sean.

Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you ass!!! you made me tear up!
Thank you baby, thank you for sticking it out when all seemed dark and hopeless.
I love you

gathy