9/16/11

I don't love you enough for a title

I haven't posted anything for a couple weeks because I have been too lazy, and wrapped up in another blog. Its called 2birds1blog, and dayum, it is really fucking funny. Also, my back decided to stop being a team player, so I have been whacked out on drugs. And not fun ones. That also means no work. That sucks. I will be surprised if I am still employed Tuesday because my boss HATES medical leave. I don't blame him. On the plus side, I got prescribed massages. Hopefully They will be helpful. I know that daily pain is part of getting older, but I don't fucking like it.

Anyhoo, here's a post about a walk J and I took a couple weeks ago.

We live in a mountain range called the Massif de Chartreuse. This is where the liquor, Chartreuse, is made. Its distilled from local plants and herbs that are gathered by the Order of Chartreuse, a group of carthusian monks, founded by St Bruno,  a long ass time ago.  Here's a link. Go learn something.

These monks live way up in the mountains, gather the herbs for the booze, and hoof it down the mountain to deliver the stuff to the distillery. They live simple lives, seem really happy, and its bitchen. Some pics of the monastery.









Here is a few pics of the museum, down the hill a ways from the monastary.
















For my birthday, I got some new shoes. They are pretty weird.

They are called Vibram Five Fingers. I get stared at, a lot,  when I wear em. I don't care about that, I am in the Land of Track Pants, but if that bothers you, well, you know.

The thing is this. I am completely flat footed.
Sexy, sexy foot
Which means, I cannot wear shoes that have any sort of arch. If I get some, I gotta take out the insole, and replace it with one that doesn't have an arch. It sucks, cuz it means I can't buy cool shoes, cuz I can't wear em, and I gotta thing for shoes. So, that means, cheap shoes. Jail shoes. Cons. Flip flops. These shoes, I swear to God, are like not wearing shoes at all. They look ridiculous, but OMG! Comfy.

That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you flat footed freak!!! thanks for passing it on to our kid! We need to go back to the monastary when it's sunny, just the walk up to it was absolutely gorgeous! I have to find that movie for you, it's so interesting!
word of the hour: foringor