10/12/11

Pics!!

Been awhile since I posted, but I want you all to know, it's not you, it's me. I just have nothing to say. So, with that in mind, here are some pictures.

First snowfall. Whatever day that was, Friday or whatever. Winters  acomin'!


The Monday before the snow, we went to this park that is over by the Porte de Grenoble. It is right up against the mountain, so the park goes more up than out, if you can dig it. From the street, it looks like a teeny weeny park, yeah big deal, but if you take the time to go into this nothing park, it opens into this amazing space. You gotta see it to believe it. Oh yeah, and you need to love stairs.


We, being the wonderful people we are, went to help J's cousin, Jean Baptiste, move. He was living a couple hours south of us, and moved to Lyon, where he's from. It was just us, JB, and his bro Quentin. It was a lotta fun, I like both these guys. He had a really funky apartment in the center of this village. I mean in the center. We went for beers at lunchtime, and hoofed it to a bar really close, but outside the walls of the medieval part of town he lived in. Its kinda cool, walking through this village that has stood for sooooo damn long, and had so many different people walk its streets. That Taco Bell bell was right outside his apartment, as was that covered market, and that sign. But no Taco Bell. Bummer.









We had just left JBs place, and were driving home. Staying off the highways, we were going through groves of olive trees. I had to stop and get a pic of that first one. I kinda dig trees. Those trees had to be hundreds of years old. None of them were more than about 12 feet tall, and there were hundreds of them. There were ruins of old farmhouses, and still the trees were alive, and covered with olives. And snails. Lotsa snails everywhere.

After burnin some daylight at the olive groves, we got back in the car and headed Northish, towards home. We had a mountain on our left, and a river on our right, when Jessica asked me to stop. She had seen that church across the river, and wanted to see it, and play tourist for a couple hours. I am always down for playing tourist. We found this village to be the bitchinest yet. The old church, the square, the pedestrian street, and my favorite, the medieval center of town, with its narrow walkways, stairways, tunnels, and just stunning homes. The whole thing was just cool as shit.

Thats all I got. Peace.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good times....
this is so much better than paying highway fees and missing all the fun! 12€ for dinner (for all of us, not each!)
man oh man I love you and I love our life here! Never have we had so little money and so high a quality of life!
mot du jour: masve

cjm said...

I remember sleeping in the 'rough' one time, when I was hitching from Paris to Rome. It was somewhere along the FR/IT border where my friend and I threw down our sleeping bags after a LONG day on (or rather, beside the road). Anyway...in the morning, we were both covered in snails! Talk about creepy! They were in and on our sleeping bags. Good thing it was so cold and that we slept in all our clothes, or there could have been snail trails in unmentionable places!

Unknown said...

omg!! that is so funny!!!!

chris said...

That is really funny. Those snails were weird! Little tiny white ones, on the tips of grass, or flowers, just hangin out.