10/20/11

Stuff 'n thangs

Read a Tweet from my Close Personal Friend Sean about something called a Cheesy Bacon Bowl from KFC. What he said is only important to me, so I won't share it, but I will say that I went and looked at it online, and I am simultaneously intrigued and disgusted by this.... thing. Behold.
BEHOLD!!!
 It looks like it contains mashed potatoes,  or the KFC equivalent, fried chicken pieces, cheese, bacon, and is that corn? In short, its what makes America great. We have KFC here, in France, and after carefully checking out their online menu, I have come to 2 conclusions. One, no Cheesy Bacon Bowl here, and two, I want KFC for breakfast.

We also don't seem to have that Double Down sandwich, but it sure is famous. Now. While I have never tried, or even seen one of these sandwiches, I have heard about them, and I consider myself, not an expert, but 'aware' of how fast food marketing works. The ads make the meals, or sandwiches or whatever, look bigger and better, and more attractive than they really do. And, as an American, bigger does indeed mean better. So, with that in mind, what can the Double Down sandwich really consist of? A couple of smallish chicken breasts, fried or grilled, cheese, and a little bit of bacon? If you put that shit on a plate, would it be a huge meal, or just a meal? And, if you get it grilled, what do you think is worse for you, that, or a Big Mac? How about one of those Wendy's burgers, with 3 or 4 hamburger patties? But, put it into a sandwich shape, and look out! Americans are crazy! Brilliant, really.
MORE GOODER.


One of the funniest things I saw about this was an article calling it an abomination, yadda yadda yadda, and in the comments section ( I love the comments section), one commenter saying how it is a crime against humanity, and another asking the first guy why he hates America so much. Funny shit.


I was perusing the L.A. Times this morning, and came across an opinion piece about how the California Medical Association is a buncha dummies because they want marijuana legalized. They say they want it legal, so they can study it more effectively, and therefore have a better understanding of what they are already recommending. The writer of the piece asked a question that caught my eye. He asked, ' Whatever happened to studying a drug first to determine its benefits and risks, then deciding whether its safe enough to legalize?' To which I would reply, 'You ever heard of Oxycontin, you fuckin hypocrite?' How many lives and families has weed ripped apart? Why do guys like this asshole writer use derogatory   terms like 'stoner', when honestly, if you don't happen to be  user of marijuana, its existence effects your life not at all? Thats not necessarily an argument that I would make with any other drug, including oxy, but weed? Oh yes I did.

I could also sit here and rail against all sorts of other perfectly legal things, like booze, tobacco, doctor prescribed drugs that, if used improperly, will fuck your life right up, but why? The people that need convincin' already have their minds set, and don't let pesky things like ' facts', or 'the truth' get in the way of their precious opinions.

I guess, legalize 'em all. End the violence on the Mexican border. Tweakers gonna tweak, junkies gonna boot up yadda yadda yadda. It wouldn't change my mind about never smoking crack. Got no interest. Never will, legal or not.

Numbers time! Out of 164000 people in CA prisons, 1325 are in there for pot, costing the state $50 grand a year each, that's, lets see, holyshit66milliondollarsOMG. Oh wait, thats cool, because the STATE of California has a prison budget of 10 billion, with a B, dollars. Wow. Just wow.

I hate to make this comparison, but I'm gonna anyway. France  has a population of 64 million people, give or take, and 64000 in prison. California has 37 million, 164000 in prison. Little more than half the population, two and a half time the people in prison. What. The. Fuck.




L8R.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aaaaaah...I missed the soap box!
smooches

allyrol